With a special offer for the promotion of young scientists with regard to an academic career, the Clausthal University of Technology offers a program that is especially aimed at
- doctoral candidates in the late phase of their doctorate,
- postdoctoral and habilitation candidates and junior group leaders as well as
- newly appointed professors.
With this offer, for the first time, further education programs are available to support scientists who explicitly want to pursue an academic career. In doing so, we are expanding our academic career development offerings and no longer offer them only for postdocs, but now also for a broader target group.
The program for academic career development consists of the career module "Academic Career" for doctoral students in the late phase of their doctorate, postdocs, postdoctoral researchers, and junior research group leaders with continuing education courses on the following topics:
- Academic portfolio/appointment portfolio (01. & 02.07.2021)
- Application for external funding
- Personality and leadership or leadership in academia
- Scientific career
- Research Funding Options
- Fundamentals Application
- Circular Economy
as well as the further elements
- individual career coaching (for doctoral candidates in the late phase of their doctorate, postdocs, habilitation candidates and junior research group leaders)
and the special offers for newly appointed professors:
- Newly appointed meetingin the context of onboarding
- Continuing education on central topics as a new leader in science
- Coaching for new professors.