With the aim of improving the quality of doctoral studies and the conditions for young academics, the universities in Lower Saxony, together with the Lower Saxony Ministry of Science, have developed guidelines which are intended, among other things, to guarantee greater transparency and bindingness of doctoral procedures and to facilitate cooperative doctoral studies.
The TU Clausthal plans the long-term implementation of instruments for the further development of doctoral supervision in order to
- to promote the quality of doctoral studies across disciplines and faculties,
- Increasing the attractiveness of doctoral studies at Clausthal University of Technology on a national and international scale,
- Securing the TU Clausthal's ability to apply for structured and coordinated national and international funding programmes.
- The Graduate Academy offers advice to researchers and research groups on the implementation of instruments for the further development of doctoral supervision. The consultation can take place individually or together with the entire research group, for example in a workshop format. The focus here is on the joint development of standards and methods that can be implemented step by step in one's own daily research routine. If you would like advice, please contact us.
- The TU Clausthal provides a Online career platform to support doctoral researchers and supervisors platform at its disposal. On the platform, guidelines, documents and information brochures are made available in the download area for individual use. The documents are also available as print editions. The information brochure "Promovieren in Clausthal" informs about the basic procedure of a doctorate at Clausthal University of Technology and is intended to give international doctoral candidates in particular an insight into doctoral procedures and to provide assistance with contact options. Further documents, which are made available on the websites of the Graduate Academy, provide information on national standards and recommendations for action in the design of the doctorate (e.g. Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Doctoral Procedures of the State University Conference and the Lower Saxony Ministry of Science and Culture, "Gemeinsam die Promotion gestalten - Handlungsempfehlungen für Promovierende/ Betreuende" of the Qualitätszirkel Promotion). The documents "Doctoral Progress Report" and "Guidelines for the Course of Supervision Meetings/ Annual Meetings" are intended to provide guidance and support for structuring the doctoral project as well as individual elements.
- The Clausthal University of Technology enables newly appointed professors, but also in particular junior research group leaders and experienced junior researchers who are significantly involved in the supervision of doctoral researchers, to participate in further training measures for the further development of their own good and quality-assured supervision within the framework of an onboarding programme. These can include further training measures such as workshops, but also events with reports on the experiences of experienced professors.
- The Graduate Academy advises and supports researchers and research groups in submitting applications within the framework of structured and coordinated funding programmes. When planning coordinated research proposals, researchers and research groups are offered advice before and during the application process in order to jointly develop concepts for quality-assured and modern supervision and qualification of young researchers. In particular, the Graduate Academy advises and examines whether standards should be adhered to and appropriate measures implemented. Corresponding text modules for application texts can also be provided as support. If you would like advice, please contact us.
Here you will find more information.