Start-up funding for young scientists
With start-up funding for young scientists within the framework of funding line 2(B), the House of Research and the university management of the TU Clausthal would like to enable young scientists at the beginning of their scientific career to develop scientific independence with their own research profile.
The aim is to create the basis for a successful application for external funding for the research project. The call is thematically open; however, the research project should fit the research profile of the TU Clausthal. As a rule, the call for proposals is issued annually on September 15 at the instigation of the Presidential Board of Clausthal University of Technology.
The funding framework provides for up to 100,000 EUR for personnel and material resources or travel expenses with a maximum duration of 24 months. The share of travel and material expenses may amount to up to 20% of the funding volume.
Applicants are expected to have
- Very good doctoral degree in a suitable discipline and first postdoctoral experience (degree should not have been completed more than 3 years ago).
- Proof of excellent scientific achievements, e.g. excellent publications in suitable media, awards, possibly first experience with third-party funding
- Convincing research concept for the start-up funding and the planned follow-up application within the framework of the grant research (e.g. own position, junior research group with corresponding details) with milestones as well as links/potential for networking with existing research at Clausthal University of Technology.
- Statements on teaching (experience and plans), willingness to take over 4 SWS teaching.
- Very good English skills and idea lably international experience in a scientific context.
Further information can be found in the Research Pool Guideline.